Avocado Egg Breakfast Pita
A yummy and creative twist to the smashed avocado and fried egg toast.
For the avocado mash
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemon)
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- chili paste (or chili pepper) optional
For the pita
- 1/8 cup fresh chives/parsley garnish
- 2 egg
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (or GF alternative)
- Add all avocado spread ingredients to a small bowl or food processor. Mash/process until smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Crack the egg into a small bowl, making sure to be gentle and leave the yolk in one piece.
- Slide the cracked egg into the hot skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook the egg until the egg whites are fully cooked and the yolk is slightly cooked, but still running. You just want the yolk to thicken a touch.
- When the eggs are cooked, place the pita onto a plate. Spread the avocado mixture on top of the pita and then carefully transfer the egg on top of the avocado.
- Garnish with fresh chives or parsley and serve immediately.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g