Arugula, Orange and Red Beet Salad
A vibrant and refreshing lunch salad that will bring some sunshine to your kitchen table, no matter which season it is.
For the dressing
- 1/2 orange juice only (½ orange = 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 3-4 cups arugula packed
- 1 cup red beet (raw) julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion (scallion) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato halved
- 1 orange peeled, segmented and chopped into bite-size pieces.
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until combined.
- Combine all salad ingredients, except arugula, in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add arugula to plates and top with red beet and orange mix. Drizzle with a little dressing and serve.
- Optional: top with seeds or nuts of your choice.
Take-along tip: keep the dressing in a separate container and store arugula greens on top.
- Why You Should Add Some Healthy Fats To Your Juices, Smoothies, Or Salads
- Why You Should Rotate Your Greens And How To Do It
- Mason Jar Salad Recipes: How To Pack the Perfect Salad in a Jar