Dragon Fruit Strawberry Green Smoothie
The pitaya - widely known as dragon fruit - is one of nature's most unique plants. Not only is it a beauty to look at, but it is also packed with so many good-for-you nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, and iron.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 dragon fruit (pitaya) peeled (we used white pitaya, but purple works too)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Blend spinach, mint, orange juice, and water until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. If the smoothie is too thick for you, add more liquid base. If you have a high-speed blender, you can throw in everything at once.
- Add superfoods/toppings - such as goji berries, hemp hearts, or raw cacao nibs - if you like.
- I added 2 tsp moringa powder too
- Use one or more frozen fruits to chill the smoothie.
- Coconut Oil vs MCT Oil: Which Is Healthier and More Beneficial?
- Affordable Blendtec or Vitamix Alternative That Delivers The Same Quality
- Make Your Green Smoothies a Complete and Filling Meal
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 802mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g