Carrot Avocado Spread on Toast
Carrots and avocados. A combo that can't go wrong in my world. Think I just found my new favorite spread. Packed with healthy fats and good-for-you nutrients this carrot avocado spread is just the perfect breakfast or lunch.
For the pate
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup carrot roughly chopped
- 1/2 orange juice only
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 4-6 slices bread of your choice (GF if needed)
- 1 cup salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup tomato diced or sliced
- In a small food processor or blender, combine all pate ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Optional: toast bread slices.
- Top bread slices with pate, salad greens, and tomatoes.
Feel free to double the recipe and have some more for tomorrow's lunch too. Also, delicious with veggie sticks as a healthy snack.
- How To Keep Avocado Fresh and Avoid Guacamole From Turning Brown (+ guacamole recipe)
- Is Sourdough Bread Healthy – The Truth Revealed
- Gluten Glyphosate Link – Why Gluten Usually Isn’t the Problem
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 666mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 13g