Red Cabbage and Tangerine Salad with Balsamic Orange Vinaigrette
Real food doesn’t have to be overcomplicated or fancy. Thanks to the quality of 100% plant-based, wholesome ingredients, this salad doesn’t need to be complicated to be utterly delicious and AMAZING!
For the dressing
- 1 orange juice only (1 orange =1/2 cup juice)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1 cup carrot julienned or grated
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 3 cups salad greens of your choice torn
- 2 tangerine peeled and segmented
- 2 tbsps pumpkin or sunflower seeds raw or roasted
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust as necessary. Set aside.
- Layer salad ingredients on individual plates or in a large serving bowl. Top with dressing and sunflower seeds.
Take-along tip: store salad greens on top and keep dressing in a separate container.
- Why You Should Add Some Healthy Fats To Your Juices, Smoothies, Or Salads
- 6 Easy Tips and Tricks for Eating Healthy at Work
- Mason Jar Salad Recipes: How To Pack the Perfect Salad in a Jar
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 21g