Quinoa Red Beet Salad with Turmeric Mango Dressing
A refreshing summer lunch or dinner the whole family will enjoy. We sure did.
For the salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1 cup cherry tomato halved
- 1/2 cup spring onion (scallion) chopped
- 1 cup red beet (raw) julienned
For the mango dressing
- 1/2 cup mango chunked
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Allow to cool.
- In a small blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Process/blend until smooth. Add water if needed.
- Combine all salad ingredients a large bowl. Toss to combine and top with mango dressing.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g