Tomato Basil Soup
Juicy tomatoes and fresh basil, a match made in heaven. Try this delicious, flavorful soup that uses real tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this.
- 3 cups tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves or more to taste (optional: save some for topping)
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 potato chopped
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Sauté onion for a few minutes over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add all other ingredients, except basil. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit. Add basil leaves and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: serve with extra basil on top.
- Optional: Serve with bread and/or cashew/sour cream.
- We love cashew cream. It only takes a few minutes (soaking of nuts excluded) to make and can be added to many of your dishes…. and it’s great, if not tastier than sour cream. Click here for the recipe.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 1371mg | Potassium: 1296mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 17g