Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
This Sweet Potato Carrot Soup is creamy, sweet, a little spicy and full of flavor! A healthy and filling lunch or dinner to warm you up on a cold, rainy day.
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 cups carrot chopped
- 2 big sweet potato chopped
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only (use less when using lemon)
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional, to get some heat)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives chopped
- 4 slices bread of your choice (optional)
- Heat butter/olive oil /coconut oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large soup pot. Add the onions and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook one minute, then add broth and ginger and stir. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat and bring to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and are fork tender.
- Either add to a blender to puree, or use a stick immersion blender to puree until smooth or to desired consistency (be careful, will be hot!). If too thick, add more water or broth.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice (if using) and a dash of cayenne (optional to make it a bit hotter).
- Optional: serve with a slice of (toasted) bread.
- Add more water when blending if you prefer a thinner soup. We like thick lunch soups.
- Lovely with added cashew sour cream too. CLICK HERE to get the recipe.
- 6 Delicious Green Cleansing Low-Calorie Soup Recipes
- Why You Should Add Some Healthy Fats To Your Juices, Smoothies, Or Salads
- Plant-Based Diet and Brain Health – How a Plant-Based Diet Rejuvenates the Brain
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 750mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g