A lack of sleep, stress, allergies, a sinus infection, genetics, thinning skin, or fluid retention are all possible causes of puffy or tired eyes. Unless you’re a panda bear, you probably don’t like those dark circles under your eyes. Well, here is the good news. There are many natural ways to get rid of those black tea bags under your eyes.
- Drink enough water during the day. When you’re dehydrated, dark circles may appear under your eyes. Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Prevent damage to your skin. The skin beneath your eyes is very sensitive, and as you are aging it gets thinner and thinner. Blood vessels may become noticeable. Apply natural facial lotions to make your skin stronger and rejuvenated. Sun weakens the skin as well. Always wear sunscreen with a minimum SPF 20 to protect your delicate skin.
- Get your beauty sleep and remove makeup. Sleep is important to avoid dark circles under your eyes. Make sure to get plenty of sleep (most people need 7-9 hours of sleep per night). Always make sure to remove makeup before going to bed. If you don’t do so, your eyes may look more tired during the day. Makeup can irritate your eyes while sleeping, causing fluids to pool under your eyes.
- Treat allergies and nasal congestions. Allergies can cause puffiness around your eyes.
- Limit the intake of dietary salt, alcohol, and caffeine. Eat more antioxidant food sources. They contain a pigment that strengthens your blood vessels and prevent dark circles under your eyes. Cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, green and black tea, onions, legumes, and parsley are some good examples of food sources containing antioxidant pigments.
How to Remove Bags Under Eyes: Some Home Remedies
Those homemade remedies will help you to conceal and prevent worsening of dark circles under the eyes.
#1 Chill Those Eyes
Cooling down puffy eyes helps to reduce swelling and dark circles. Place cool/frozen spoons, slices of cucumbers, chilled tea bags, cold compresses or even frozen peas under your eyes. Leave them for at least 10 minutes and see the rejuvenating effect. Some people swear by applying hemorrhoid cream under the eyes to get rid of those puffy eyes as well.
#2 Almond or Coconut Oil To Treat Dark Circles
Almond oil is well known for many reasons. It is a popular remedy to treat dark circles. Apply the oil around your eyes. Make small circular movements while applying. Leave it overnight and rinse with cold water in the morning to give it an extra cooling effect.
Scroll down for more natural tips, tricks, and DIY recipes to get rid of dark circles under the eyes!
DIY Dark Circle Removers
There are many options for you to try. See what works well for you. Give those remedies some time to do their work and make sure to have your daily sleep and drink enough water to keep you hydrated. Natural remedies are very easy, cheap and effective, but you need some patience. Do not give up after just one try.
#1 Cucumber-Potato Remover
The potato serves as a bleaching agent for dark or pigmented skin and the cucumber will add a cooling effect to reduce the swelling. The coconut or almond oil keeps your delicate skin moisturized for a soothing and calming effect.
What Do You Need
- 1 Potato
- 1 Cucumber
- Coconut oil or almond oil
Peel and grate the potato and cucumber. Mix equal quantities and apply this mixture for 20 to 25 minutes on the area under your eyes. Rinse well with cold water to have an extra cooling effect. Take a little bit of coconut or almond oil on your fingertips and make circular massaging motions onto the dark circle area. Begin with clockwise and then anti-clockwise movements. Apply this mixture every day. After 2 weeks you will see the difference and you may reduce the frequency to every other day.
#2 Tomatoes To Treat Dark circles
Tomatoes are another wonderful, natural treatment for those tea bags under their eyes.
What Do You Need
- 1 teaspoon fresh tomato juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of gram flour (besan)
Mix all ingredients together and apply gently under your eyes for a least 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Apply every day and you’ll soon notice the difference.
#3 Mint To Reduce Dark Circles
Mint, another great option for you to try to get rid of those dark circles under your eyes. It has a soothing and cooling effect.
Crush the mint leaves and place them under the area under your eyes. Leave them there for a while (20 minutes) and rinse with a damp cotton. The cooling effect soothes tired eyes immediately.
Try these all natural remedies for yourself and discover how easy it is to get rid of those panda eyes. Feel rejuvenated and again… do not forget your daily beauty sleep and drink plenty of water to say goodbye to those tea bags forever.
What are your secrets to rejuvenate your look and avoid or reduce puffy, tired eyes? Share them with us in the comment box below!
Thanks for reading. I hope this information was helpful. Until next time!
Crazy cat lady, life and food lover, certified biologist, and holistic health coach.