Mango Passion Fruit Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on our planet. These tiny little seeds are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for our body and brain. Furthermore, chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times their weight in water while forming a gel-like substance. this makes them ideal for making jam, jellies, and puddings.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 0.5-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mango
- 2 passion fruit centres scooped out with a spoon
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened (coconut) yogurt
- Mix the chia seeds, vanilla, and almond milk in a bowl. Refrigerate overnight. The first hour you may want to stir the mix occasionally to stop it from clumping – add more almond milk if needed.
- Remove from the fridge after it has set and spoon the mixture into a medium sized jar or glass.
- Blend the mango chunks until smooth. Spoon into the jar, layering it on top of the chia pudding.
- Spoon the yogurt on top of the mango layer and top with the passion fruit flesh. Eat right away or keep refrigerated.
- Optional: top with extra toppings/superfoods - such as goji berries, cacao nibs, or coconut flakes- if you like.
- Homemade cultured coconut yogurt recipe: super easy, dairy-free, and packed with health-promoting friendly gut bacteria or probiotics.
- Click here to learn how to make your own nut milk. It’s super easy!
- Click here to learn how to make your own vanilla extract.
- Chia Seeds Health Benefits: 10 Reasons To Add Chia Seeds To Your Diet
- Secrets To Smart And Healthy Snacking
- Growing Chia Seed: How to Grow and Harvest Chia The Organic Way
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 31g