Chickpea Spinach Pumpkin Curry
This delicious chickpea spinach pumpkin curry is a great way to feed your family. It is easy to make, super yum and 100% plant-based. Win-win-win!
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas (½ cup dried = 1.5 cup cooked = 1 15 oz can, drained)
- 2 cups butternut/pumpkin chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 1.5 cup water
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemons)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a large pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes, while stirring. Add garlic, ginger and dried herbs. Cook for 2-3 minutes more. Stir regularly.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, and water. Stir well cover and cook for 25 minutes. Add more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and cooked chickpeas, cook, uncovered, until heated through or until spinach is wilted.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime and chopped parsley.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 26g | Sugar: 16g