Cashew Sour Cream
Cashew sour cream is so much better than normal sour cream. Feel free to tweak with your favorite herbs and spices. Or why not add a tomato or some bell pepper while blending. Super delicious either way!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts soaked and drained
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 0.5-1 lime/lemon juice only, add to taste (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp juice)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup water depending on how thick you want it to be
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) for cheesy flavor
- Soak cashews for at least 2 hours, 8 hours or overnight is best. The longer you soak them the easier it will be to blend them into a smooth cream. If you don't have time, or forgot to soak them, soaking them for 30 to 45 minutes in hot water works too!
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. This may take a while depending on your blender. Use spatula if needed to push everything back in the blades.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Do not use less than 1 cup cashews or your blender will not be able to blend it all into a smooth cream. Unless you have a small food processor, but I used my high-speed blender.
- TIP: instead of water you can also experiment with coconut milk or other seed and nut milks. Super delicious too 😉
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g