Avocado Shrimp Salad
This quick and easy Shrimp Avocado Salad comes together in less than 20 minutes. Makes a great and refreshing dinner or lunch salad.
For the salad
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice packed
- 1 avocado cubed
- 6 oz small or medium shrimp patted dry, peeled and deveined
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/Tamari
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp water
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a wok or pan, heat cooking oil over high heat (we used extra virgin coconut oil for added flavor).
- Cook shrimps, while stirring, until done. Allow to cool or serve hot.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with cooked shrimps and peanut sauce.
- Take-along tip: make sure the shrimps are completely cooled before adding them to a container. Store greens on top and keep dressing in a separate container.
- Click here to learn how to make your own nut butter. It’s super easy!
- Eating Less Meat: Its Importance and Benefits
- Why You Should Eat Avocado Seed (and How To Do It)
- 6 Easy Tips and Tricks for Eating Healthy at Work