Almond Red Beet Hummus
This vegan almond red beet hummus is healthy, beautiful, and super delicious. Packed with antioxidants and other plant goodness this healthy spread is fast becoming a family favorite.
For the spread
- 3/4 cup red beet (raw)
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas (½ cup dried = 1.5 cup cooked = 1 15 oz can drained)
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemon)
- 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 4 slices/rolls bread of your choice (GF if needed)
- 1 cup salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- Blend all spread ingredients until smooth. Add water if needed.
- Top bread slices with the red beet hummus, salad, and cucumber.
Leftover red beet hummus can be served with veggie sticks as an appetizer or healthy afternoon snack.
- Essential Tips for Vegans and Plant-based Eaters In A Carnivore World
- Health Benefits Of Almond Milk (Recipe Inside)
- Chickpea 101: How To Soak, Sprout, Cook, and Freeze Chickpeas
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 732mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g