Vegetable Stir-Fry with Sesame Meatballs
Great recipe to clear out the fridge! Feel free to add other or more vegetables to this Asian-inspired meatball dish.
For the veggie stir-fry
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) chopped
- 3 cups Chinese or napa cabbage choppe
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
For the sesame meatballs
- 8 oz ground organic beef
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds roasted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce/Tamari
- black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine minced beef, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and black pepper. Mix well. Roll into small meatballs. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 1-2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Then add all other veggies and cook, while stirring, until softened. This will take about 5-6 minutes.
- When ready, push veggies to the side and cook meatballs in the middle of the pan or wok.
- Mix meatballs and vegetables. Add teriyaki sauce and stir until well coated and heated through.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 1044mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g