Sweet Potato Noodles with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce and Crispy Prosciutto
Though you might have heard of zoodles - aka zucchini noodles - the world of veggie noodles doesn't stop there. Though I love zucchini noodles, sweet potato, carrot, and red beet noodles are my favorites right now. Have you tried them yet?
For the sauce
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the pasta
- 2 sweet potato (any color or variety) spiralized (we used orange sweet potatoes)
- 3 oz coppa or prosciutto
- 3 cups fresh spinach packed
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Process until a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Lay in the coppa or prosciutto slices and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add a little oil and spiralized sweet potato noodles and cook, frequently tossing, for about 5 minutes or until sweet potato noodles are al dente.
- Transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Using the same skillet, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Stir in sweet potato noodles and sauce. Stir well until heated through.
- Crumble the prosciutto/coppa over the skillet, with your fingers.
- Give a toss and then remove from heat and serve.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you could use a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler too. Hold the sweet potato down on a flat surface and slide from top to bottom to make noodles or ribbons. A vegetable peeler will make flat fettuccini-like strands/ribbons while a spiralizer (or julienne peeler) will make spaghetti-like strands. We used a spiralizer for this recipe. Click here for more info on how to spiralize veggies.
- Nutritional Benefits Sweet Potato vs Regular Potato
- Discover the Health Benefits of Avocado and 5 Easy Recipes!
- Lemon Turmeric Water: Here’s How to Boost Your Morning Routine