Tomato and Sunflower Sprout Salad with Arugula Pesto
Did you know that sunflower sprouts are super nutritious and high in protein too! Amazing isn't it? Especially when combined with arugula pesto. Just yum!
For the arugula pesto
- 3/4 cup arugula packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted cashews or pine nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- squeeze lime/lemon juice only
- sea salt to taste
For the salad
- 3 cups sprouts of your choice (seed, bean or grain sprouts) we used sunflower sprouts
- 2 cups tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion (scallion) chopped
- 2 slices bread of your choice (GF if needed) we used rye bread
- Add all pesto ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth paste
- Mix pesto with tomatoes and spring onions.
- Dress plates with sprouts and top with tomato-pesto mix. Serve with a slice of bread.
Want to learn how to make your own sprouts at home? CLICK HERE for a full tutorial.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g