Lentil Pomegranate Salad with Orange Dressing
A refreshing summer salad to satisfy your taste buds and nourish your body from the inside out.
For the salad
- 1.5 cup cooked beans/lentils we used mung beans (1 cup dried makes about 1.5 cup cooked)
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts raw or roasted
For the dressing
- 1/2 orange juice only
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Optional: soak and cook mung beans
- Soaking allows the dried beans to absorb water, which shortens cooking time and aids in digestibility. They will nearly triple in size while soaking. Soak most beans in three times their volume of cold water for 6-8 hours before cooking. Cook lentils/beans until tender (15-30 minutes depending on how long you soaked them).
- Allow to cool.
For the salad
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk well until combined.
- Combine salad ingredients, toss to combine and drizzle with dressing.
Take-along tip: store salad greens on top and keep dressing in a separate container.
- Going Organic Without Breaking The Bank
- Healthy Eating Motivation: It’s All in the Mind
- Plant-Based Diet and Brain Health - How a Plant-Based Diet Rejuvenates the Brain
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 554mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 14g