Easy Vegetable Gratin
Pure, cheesy comfort food that reminds you of home.
- 2 cups butternut/pumpkin cut into thin slices
- 1.5 cup zucchini cut into thin round slices
- 1.5 cup eggplant cut into thin round slices
- 2 medium potato cut into thin round slices
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Drizzle oven-safe dish with a little cooking oil.
- Combine milk, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Add 1 layer of potatoes, then a mix of the other veggies. Add half of the cheese and milk mixture.
- Repeat layering, end with a cheese layer.
- Cook in the oven for 40-60 minutes (depending on how thick you sliced the veggies), or until potatoes and veggies are tender. Cover with thin foil for the first 30 minutes.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 880mg | Potassium: 1252mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 17g