Chickpea Wrap with Spicy Tartar Sauce
These spicy chickpea lunch or dinner wraps are easy to make and super delicious. And oh boy, that spîcy tartar sauce. Just yum!
For the wrap
- 3/4 cup cooked or canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cup kale or lettuce chopped
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 2-4 wrap or tortilla (GF If needed) depending on their size
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup cashew or sour cream (scroll to notes for more info)
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 lime or lemon lime or lemon, juice only (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional) minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste (or chili pepper) or to taste, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Puree until smooth
- Fill the tortillas with kale, tomato, chickpeas, and dressing!
We love cashew sour cream. It only takes a few minutes and can be added to many of your dishes…. and it’s great, if not tastier than sour cream. Click here for the recipe.
- Chickpea 101: How To Soak, Sprout, Cook, and Freeze Chickpeas
- Health Benefits of Probiotics – Why You Should Add Probiotics To Your Daily Life!
- Can Lemons Really Fight Cancer?
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 1021mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g