Chicken Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
This Chicken Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing is quick, easy, and fresh. And oh boy that peanut dressing, so good!
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 lime or lemon juice only, or to taste (use less if using lemon)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (small) minced
- 1 tsp honey
- black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 6 oz skinless boneless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1.5 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) sliced
- 1/2 cup spring onion (scallion) finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato chopped
- Heat cooking oil over high heat in a pan. Cook chicken pieces until slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool or serve warm.
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients until well combined. Add water to thin if needed
- Combine salad ingredients, top with chicken and drizzle with peanut dressing.
- Click here to learn how to make your own nut butter. It’s super easy!
- Tamari and soy sauce share a similar color and flavor, and are both a byproduct of fermented soybeans. The only difference, Tamari is made without wheat and doesn’t contain any gluten.
- Benefits of Sesame Seeds and Sesame Oil
- How To Make Homemade Flavored Oils
- 14 Easy Ways To Eat Healthier Every Day
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 986mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g