Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Cashew Chicken Stir-fry is a staple dish were we live. Though here it is usually served with a big portion of rice, we prefer it as it is.
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp oysters sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper to taste
For the stir-fry
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1.5 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) chopped
- 2 cups bok choy chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger or more to taste
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts chopped
- Cut all vegetables.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until nicely browned. Transfer to a bowl or plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add a little bit more oil to the wok. Stir in onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Then add ginger and garlic and cook For 2 minutes more.
- Stir in bell pepper and carrot. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Or until softened.
- Add bok choy and cooked chicken and give it a good stir. Then add sauce and cook until heated through.
- Add cashew nuts, stir well and serve.
Click here to learn how to make your own nut butter. It’s super easy!
- Alkaline Eating Tips and Tricks To Improve Weight and Overall Health
- 6 Easy Tips and Tricks for Eating Healthy at Work
- What Is Clean Eating? 7 Simple Rules To Live A Healthy And Clean Lifestyle
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 1049mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g