Basil Chicken with Tomato Sauce and Pasta
This basil chicken with tomato sauce and pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that can be on your table in 30 minutes or less.
- 10 oz skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2.5 cups tomato chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) sliced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 0.5-1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter/ghee
- 2 cups spinach shredded
- 2 cups whole wheat fusili (or gluten-free alternative)
- Cook pasta in lightly salty water according to the instructions on the package.
- In a skillet, heat cooking oil over high heat. Brown the meat for 3-5 minutes. When ready transfer to a plate.
- Saute onion and bell pepper in the same pan on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Then add tomatoes and garlic. Cook until tomatoes start to fall apart. This will take 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in butter, cooked chicken, and spinach and cook for 2 minutes more or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready combine sauce, drained pasta and basil leaves. Give it a good stir and serve.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 1368mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g