Italian-Style Avocado Toast with Feta
Forget about the conventional smashed avo on toast and reinvent this classic with our Italian-Style Avocado Toast with Feta!
For the sandwich
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime/lemon juice only, or to taste (use less if using lemon, 1 tbsp= ½ lime)
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 4 slices bread of your choice toasted
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
For the balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine avocado, lime juice, basil, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar and honey until well combined.
- Toast bread slices (optional).
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto (toasted) bread slices. Top with crumbled feta and tomatoes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 818mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 19g