Avocado Rainbow Salad with Basil-Lemon Vinaigrette
This Avocado Rainbow Salad is the perfect way to sneak more veggies into your diet! Loaded with nutrients and good flavor, this salad is a must try!
For the salad
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen) thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomato halved
- 1/4 cup spring onion (scallion) chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
For the basil-lemon vinaigrette
- 1 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- To make the lemon basil vinaigrette: Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and emulsified. Add a little bit water if needed.
- You can also pulse everything together in a food processor. Taste, add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine. Drizzle with lemon basil dressing and serve!
Take-along tip: store salad greens on top and keep dressing in a separate container.
- How To Keep Avocado Fresh and Avoid Guacamole From Turning Brown (+ guacamole recipe)
- Olive Oil For Cooking – Is It Healthy?
- Alkaline Diet Benefits – Why you should alkalize your body
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 1158mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 11g