Cashew Sour Cream
Cashew sour cream is so much better than normal sour cream. Feel free to tweak with your favorite herbs and spices. Or why not add a tomato or some bell pepper while blending. Super delicious either way!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew nuts soaked and drained
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 0.5-1 lime/lemon juice only, add to taste (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp juice)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup water depending on how thick you want it to be
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) for cheesy flavor
Soak cashews for at least 2 hours, 8 hours or overnight is best. The longer you soak them the easier it will be to blend them into a smooth cream. If you don't have time, or forgot to soak them, soaking them for 30 to 45 minutes in hot water works too!
Blend all ingredients until smooth. This may take a while depending on your blender. Use spatula if needed to push everything back in the blades.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Do not use less than 1 cup cashews or your blender will not be able to blend it all into a smooth cream. Unless you have a small food processor, but I used my high-speed blender.
- TIP: instead of water you can also experiment with coconut milk or other seed and nut milks. Super delicious too ;)
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g