Sesame Tuna Hummus Sandwich
Take your tuna sandwich to a new level with this sesame tuna hummus.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
For the sandwich
- 8 slices bread of your choice (GF if needed)
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice
- 1 cup tomatoes or cherry tomatoes sliced or halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber (optional) sliced
For the tuna hummus
- 1 can solid white tuna packed in water
- 3/4 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (½ cup dried = 1.5 cup cooked = 1 15oz can drained)
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds raw or roasted
- 1/2 lime or lemon juice only (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp)
In a blender or food processor, blend all hummus ingredients until a smooth and spreadable paste.
Toast bread slices if you like. Top with hummus, (cherry) tomatoes, and lettuce.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g