Chicken Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
This Chicken Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing is quick, easy, and fresh. And oh boy that peanut dressing, so good!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 lime or lemon juice only, or to taste (use less if using lemon)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (small) minced
- 1 tsp honey
- black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 6 oz skinless boneless chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1.5 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) sliced
- 1/2 cup spring onion (scallion) finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato chopped
Heat cooking oil over high heat in a pan. Cook chicken pieces until slightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool or serve warm.
For the dressing, whisk all ingredients until well combined. Add water to thin if needed
Combine salad ingredients, top with chicken and drizzle with peanut dressing.
- Click here to learn how to make your own nut butter. It’s super easy!
- Tamari and soy sauce share a similar color and flavor, and are both a byproduct of fermented soybeans. The only difference, Tamari is made without wheat and doesn’t contain any gluten.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 986mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g